Willkommen im Forum der Fantastischen Welt der Fabelwesen.

best location to view plays in and around the goal crease

in RPG und Stecki 27.11.2019 03:21
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, Always a pleasure; really enjoy your column. Keep up the good work. In the Bruins/Panthers game Tuesday with less than 10 seconds to play, Tim Thomas - clearly frustrated - took a swipe at Soderberg with his stick. He was assessed a two-minute minor for high sticking. I am curious as to why this was not a match penalty and perhaps even a suspendable action. It seems to me had a skater done a similar action, as blatant as it was, it would be deemed as such. I believe this would fall under Rule 60.4, but am not certain. Can you please comment on this play and explain what the ref/linesman saw (or failed to see), to deem it a mere minor high sticking penalty? Thank you (I was trying to work the word qualm in there somewhere, since I know you like it so much)! Dear Anonymous Friend: I have no qualms in telling you that Tim Thomas deserved a match penalty under Rule 60.4 for the one-handed tomahawk swing with his heavy goalie stick paddle to the neck of Bruins forward Carl Soderberg. Regardless of the score or time in the game, or whether the blow was in retaliation for Thomas being contacted on the shoulder by Soderbergs stick inside the blue paint, a match penalty was warranted based solely on the degree of force and especially the location of the blow with the goal stick to the neck of Soderberg. While no apparent injury resulted to Soderberg this was a very dangerous play that should be addressed by the Player Safety Committee. At the very least, a substantial fine should be levied to Tim Thomas even if that Committee does not deem the stick swing to be worthy of a suspension. It is acknowledged in the rules that a goalkeepers unique equipment is not only designed to provide protection and to stop the puck but that when used in an altercation can do considerable damage to an opponent. For that reason, Rule 51.3 provides that a match penalty must be assessed if, in the judgment of the referee, a goalkeeper uses his blocking glove to punch an opponent in the head or face in an attempt to deliberately injure an opponent. The manner in which Tim Thomas used his heavy goalie stick last night falls well within the spirit and intent of the match penalty rule. The reason the referee most likely assessed only a minor penalty on this stick swing was based on his obstructed view from behind the goal line against the end boards. I continually state this not the best location to view plays in and around the goal crease; as a matter of fact it is often the worst position for a referee to stand! I want you to look at the replay clip again; only this time through the eyes of the referee that made the call from behind the goal line. Tim Thomas swing was very quick and accelerated in real-time but most importantly, the ref, from his position, was looking directly through Brian Campbells back as Thomas stick made contact with Soderberg. Campbell then wrestled Soderberg to the ice so both players were now directly in the referees sight line. There was also a minor log jam of players out in front of the net (especially Tom Gilbert and Chris Kelly) that could have prevented the linesmen and the other referee from seeing the full force of Tim Thomas stick blow to Soderbergs neck. As quickly as it can happen, the full effect of a play can be missed or greatly diminished without the best sightline. I have no qualms admitting it, friend! Cheap Air Jordan Online . Balotelli was out at dinner with his brother Enoch and came home to discover he had been burgled. The car was later found abandoned. Balotelli wrote Saturday on Twitter: "I feel empty! No emotions . Air Jordan 19 For Sale . The Mercedes duo of three-time Canadian Grand Prix champion Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg has won all six races to start the season, finishing one-two in the last five. https://www.wholesalejordanshoeschina.com/ . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fake Jordan . -- With his team down 16 points in the second quarter and headed for another blowout loss at home, Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson yelled out to his players to keep shooting and keep fighting on defence. Cheap Retro Jordan . Although Olivetti, a qualifier, had 13 aces, he failed to force a single break-point chance on Gasquets serve and lost his own three times. Gasquet next plays third-seeded Jerzy Janowicz of Poland, who won had 18 aces in a 6-2, 6-4 win against seventh-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France.MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The Memphis Grizzlies ratcheted up their defence to avoid a back-to-back sweep by the two best teams in the Eastern Conference. And, in the meantime, Memphis kept its spot in the Western Conference playoff race. Mike Conley scored 21 points, Zach Randolph added 18 points and 13 rebounds, and the Grizzlies held the Indiana Pacers to their lowest output of the season in an 82-71 victory on Saturday night. Several Grizzlies players said it may have been their most complete game of the season. The victory came after Memphis lost 91-86 at Miami on Friday night. "It started from the defensive intensity, and it was consistent," Conley said. "On offence, we moved the ball well. We were efficient with it, but defensively, we really locked down and communicated." Mike Miller added 13 points as Memphis moved a game ahead of Phoenix for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference. Marc Gasol, returning after spraining his ankle Friday night, had 10 points and nine rebounds. Lance Stephenson led the Pacers with 15 points and eight rebounds, while David West added 10 points, but was 5 of 15 from the field. Paul George, the Pacers leading scorer at 22.1 points per game, was held to eight points, missing eight of his 10 shots, and Indiana shot 37 per cent for the game. "We couldnt score at all," said Pacers centre Roy Hibbert, who was in foul trouble and ended the night with four points and no rebounds. "Thats the basic thing. I think we had a lot of contested 2s. Guys were trying, and they were playing hard, but for some reason, something was a little off." Indiana, which allows a league-low 35.4 points per game in the paint, surrendered 46 to Memphis, which also outrebounded Indiana 47-35. The Pacers only lead in the game came at 3-2. Gasol, who was treated for a Grade 1 left ankle sprain sustained in Fridays loss to the Heat, was a game-time decision. He was on medication and didnt warm up before the game. "I wanted to save every step I was going to take for the game," said Gasol, adding that the medication made it where he could barely feel his hands or face. "It definitely helped the purpose, and made it worth it because we won the game.dddddddddddd" Memphis, which built a double-digit lead in the first half, maintained the advantage through the third period as the Pacers seemed to be dragging. Through three periods, Indiana was still under 37 per cent, and George had been limited to only seven shots and six points. "Its the offensive end where we didnt play well," George said. "We didnt get into a rhythm. . If you hold a team to 82 points, you are playing pretty good defence." Memphis continued to maintain the double-digit lead, keeping the Pacers down 10 to 14 points through most of the fourth. "We were a little bit too indecisive and hesitant with the basketball," Indiana coach Frank Vogel said. "We had poor shooting nights from a number of guys." As was expected with two of the best defensive teams in the league, the first half was a low scoring affair despite Memphis shooting 46 per cent. The Pacers were at 32 per cent. That helped Memphis carry a 43-30 lead into the break as Miller connected on four of his first five shots in the second period, all of them from outside the arc, for all of his 13 points in the game. "If you take away Mike Millers 3s in the first half, this is a college score in terms of the game." West said. But the Grizzlies said the performance was important after a Miami game they thought they could have won. They also mentioned that it was an important confidence-builder for the stretch run. "We were in attack mode most of the night on both offence and defence," Memphis coach Dave Joerger said. "That is as complete of a win as we have had all season." NOTES: Pacers C Andrew Bynum remained inactive for the fourth game with swelling and soreness in his right knee. ...The previous low for points in a game for Indiana was 73 against Dallas on Feb. 12. ... Indianas three-game win streak against the Grizzlies was snapped. .Memphis has won nine straight at home. .The Pacers lost for only the second time this season when holding an opponent under 90 points. They were 26-1 entering the game. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: soikeobdcbdaclub
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 497 Themen und 501 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen