Willkommen im Forum der Fantastischen Welt der Fabelwesen.

while Woods was injured and not playing at all

in RPG und Stecki 30.10.2019 03:11
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

CALGARY -- Weeks of frustration on home ice finally came to a merciful end Wednesday night for the Calgary Flames. Sean Monahan continued his impressive rookie season, scoring his team-leading 14th goal as Calgary snapped its record seven-game losing streak at the Scotiabank Saddledome with a 3-2 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes. "We have great fans so we want to play hard for them and win games for them," said Monahan. "Together as a group, we know we can be better than we were and thats what were working towards." Monahan opened the scoring at 11:44 of the first period. It was the first time in nine home games Calgary had struck first. In fact, the Flames hadnt held the lead in a home game since Dec. 12, the day general manager Jay Feaster was fired. "It was nice to get one early and we started to build off that," said Monahan, 19, who moved ahead of Mike Cammalleri and Jiri Hudler for the team lead in goals. "It was a big moment in the game for us and that helped us carry momentum throughout the game." The goal was set up by TJ Galiardis hustle. After winning a race to the puck deep in the Coyotes zone, Galiardi promptly zipped the puck in front where Monahan tapped it in behind goaltender Mike Smith, firing up the sell-out crowd of 19,289. "A pretty incredible play. He showed his speed to get to the puck and win that race. It was an unbelievable pass to get it over and lucky enough, I finished it," said Monahan, who is third in rookie goals behind Colorados Nathan MacKinnon (17) and San Joses Tomas Hertl (15). Calgary never relinquished that lead thanks partly to Karri Ramo, who finished the night with 30 saves to improve to 9-10-4. The 27-year-old Finn was especially sharp in the opening 20 minutes when Phoenix outshot the Flames 11-6 but trailed 1-0. He was counted on again in the third and in the final minute in particular when the Coyotes pulled Smith for an extra attacker and poured on the pressure. "Weve faced some tough times. But the last few home games, weve been playing really good too, especially against Pittsburgh we played really good and we havent got the reward," Ramo said. "We deserved to win today." Lance Bouma and Matt Stajan also scored for Calgary (17-27-7), which scored more than two goals for just the second time since Christmas. The Flames had been outscored 22-4 during its seven-game home losing streak. "We can take a lot defensively from this game, especially with their D that are so active," Stajan said. "We have four more games here at home and we want to make sure we keep at it." Kicking off a five-game homestand, Calgary will try to make it two wins in a row Friday night against Nashville. Antoine Vermette and Shane Doan scored for Phoenix (23-18-9), which has dropped eight of its last 11. The Coyotes remain four points behind the Minnesota Wild for the second wild card spot in the Western Conference. "Its challenging but the guys that have been around long enough in this league know that youre gong to hit those stretches in a season. Its how you manage to get out of it," says Vermette. Winless in its last five games away from home, Phoenixs three-game road trip to Western Canada continues Friday night in Edmonton. "Sometimes its tempting to get frustrated and fall into that trap. But if you do the right thing over a long period of time, eventually its going to turn your way," Vermette said. The Flames surged in front 2-0 at 8:48 of the second period on a perfectly executed fast break. Curling out from behind his own net, TJ Brodie threaded a long pass to Bouma at the Phoenix blue-line. In behind the Coyotes defence, Bouma darted in and snapped a perfect shot into the top corner. Vermette cut the lead to 2-1 on a short-handed goal less than five minutes later but Stajan restored the two-goal cushion before the period ended . "Weve been down lately in a lot of games and weve got to be better," said Doan, who got Phoenix back within one at 6:50 of the third. "If you look at our record, weve been average if that and weve got a lot better team than an average team." Smith, who had 23 saves, falls to 17-15-8. Notes: Flames LW Mike Cammalleri (concussion) missed his sixth game. Also not dressed for Calgary was LW Paul Byron (foot)... Missing for Phoenix was C Martin Hanzal (lower body), who missed his second game and D David Schlemko (upper body). Both are day-to-day... Calgarys only two regulation wins in the last 21 home games have come against the Coyotes. They also beat Phoenix 4-1 on Dec. 4... After 48 games without one, the Coyotes have short-handed goals in two consecutive games... With Henrik Sedins streak ending, Vermette (361) and D Keith Yandle (353) now have the third and fourth longest active iron-man streaks in the NHL. Clearance MLB Jerseys . Lexie Lou earned a commanding 4 1/2-length win Sunday in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks. MLB Jerseys China . Following the Ford Womens World Curling Championship gold medal match that attracted record-breaking audiences to TSN, the networks exclusive live coverage of the tournament begins Saturday at 7am et/4am pt with Canadas opening draw against Denmark. https://www.mlbjerseyschina.us/ . The San Angelo, Texas product, who was a high school and college quarterback sensation in the Lone Star State, will start his first CFL game with the Saskatchewan Roughriders (9-4) on Friday at Mosaic Stadium against the leagues top team, the Calgary Stampeders (11-2). Wholesale Baseball Jerseys . On Monday night, many fans in this city placed the blame squarely on the captain for his role in the James Neal overtime winner against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . -- Pinch-runner Rajai Daviss decision to steal third base just as Oakland catcher Derek Norris was throwing the ball back to the pitcher caught most everyone by surprise -- including several of his Detroit teammates.Tiger Woods removed himself from consideration for the Ryder Cup team Wednesday evening with a clear message that he is not healthy enough to play. One day after U.S. captain Tom Watson said he trusted Woods to give him the "straight skinny" on the condition of his back injury and his game, Woods said he called the 64-year-old captain to say he would not be available. The decision spares Watson from having to leave Woods off the team, and it eliminates a distraction over the next three weeks before Watson announces his three captains picks for the Sept. 26-28 matches against Europe at Gleneagles. "I have already spoken to Tom about the Ryder Cup, and while I greatly appreciate his thinking about me for a possible captains pick, I took myself out of consideration," Woods said in a statement on his website. "The U.S. team and the Ryder Cup mean too much to me not to be able to give it my best." That he was even under consideration was mildly surprising. Woods best finish this year was a tie for 25th because of nagging back issues at the start of the year that led him to have surgery on March 31. He missed two majors, including the Masters for the first time, and did not return for three months. In the four events he played upon his return, he missed the cut twice, withdrew during the final round at Firestone and finished 69th in the British Open for his worst 72-hole result in a major. "My primary wish is for Tiger to be healthy and competitive, and I hope that hell return to the game very soon," Watson said in a statement released by the PGA of America. "Of course, Im disappointed that Tiger Woods has asked not to be considered for the U.S. Ryder Cup team, and that his health is not where he would like it to be. However, I think we can all agree that we need Tiger Woods in this great sport, and he has taken the high road by informing me early on in the selection process. "My focus will remain on identifying three players to join the U.S. team and give us the best chance for success at Gleneagles." Woods said his recent back trouble was not related to the impinged nerve that led to surgery. He missed the cut by five shots at Valhalla, aand he grimaced for the final three hours of the second round at the PGA Championship.dddddddddddd "Ive been told by my doctors and trainer that my back muscles need to be rehabilitated and healed," Woods said. "Theyve advised me not to play or practice now. I was fortunate that my recent back injury was not related to my surgery and was muscular only." Woods said he would not return until his World Challenge in Orlando, Florida, the first week of December. That would mean he doesnt play the Frys.com Open or an exhibition in Argentina with Matt Kuchar scheduled for October. Woods was considering the Frys.com Open, a requirement for eight players who competed in an exhibition in Turkey two years ago. Watson and Woods have never been close, and they only talked about his Ryder Cup situation for the first time a few weeks ago. Even so, Watson said all summer that he wanted Woods on the team provided he was healthy and playing well. And while Woods was injured and not playing at all, Watson remained interested. "I dont make this comment loosely. He is Tiger Woods and he brings a lot to the team -- if he has the ability to play and hes healthy, "Watson said Monday. "He brings a lot to the team. And Id be a fool not to consider him." Watson already has lost Dustin Johnson, who went 3-0 at Medinah in the last Ryder Cup, because he has taken a "voluntary leave" to face "personal challenges." Jason Dufner, who went 3-1 in his Ryder Cup debut two years ago, has a neck injury and is out indefinitely. Dufner fell out of the top nine who automatically qualified. Watson already has three rookies on his team -- Jordan Spieth, Jimmy Walker and Patrick Reed -- facing a European team that features Rory McIlroy and three other players from the top five in the world. American players have three weeks to audition for Watson before he announces his picks Sept. 2 in New York. This will be only the second Ryder Cup that Woods does not play. He missed the 2008 Ryder Cup at Valhalla while sitting out the second half of the season following reconstructive knee surgery. That was the last time the Americans won the Ryder Cup. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: soikeobdcbdaclub
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 497 Themen und 501 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen