Willkommen im Forum der Fantastischen Welt der Fabelwesen.

need to make some changes, no question

in Schutztiere 26.10.2019 03:25
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

TORONTO - Manager John Gibbons doesnt expect the Blue Jays to have the same look when the club reports to Dunedin for spring training next February. "I think the team, they need to make some changes, no question," said Gibbons. "Very rarely in the business do you maintain the status quo when youre coming off a bad year, you know? You cant afford to. They dont let you." Gibbons wouldnt identify the changes he would make, reminding the assembled media that to do so would negatively affect certain players on the current roster. "I think we need some little additions," said Gibbons. "You always try to identify where you need to upgrade. Just like some people saying you need to upgrade the manager. Thats the way it goes." Improved starting pitching, an every day second baseman and an upgrade at catcher are three areas general manager Alex Anthopoulos may try to address. In the meantime, the Blue Jays are back in town for a six-game home stand, three with the division-rival Yankees and, following an off day on Thursday, three against Kansas City. The recent 10-game road trip was ugly. The Jays posted a 2-8 record, including a four-game sweep at the hands of New York and a two-run ninth inning in Houston on Sunday to snatch victory from defeat and avoid the embarrassment of also being swept by the Astros. Still, Gibbons expects maximum effort for the remainder of the season. "Its easy when things go bad to tuck your tail and run, no question about it," said Gibbons. "Its easy to play when things are going good. Its tough to play when things are going bad, youre feeling the heat and everybodys breathing down your neck. But, youre a professional. Youre getting paid good money. People are still coming to watch and they expect a good effort." REYES ON JETERS RETURN Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter returned to the Yankees lineup on Monday. For nine seasons during Reyes tenure with the Mets, from 2003-2011, the two manned one of the games most demanding positions in, arguably, the games most demanding market. "I would say that hes one of my favourite players if hes not my favourite," said Reyes. "Just the way that he plays the game. He always gives 100-percent, thats good to see, he always comes to the ballpark with the right attitude to do anything he can to put his team in a position to win every single day." Reyes and Jeter exchange the odd text message. Still, its Jeters advice when Reyes was breaking in that Reyes remembers to this day. "He always told me one thing my first couple of years in the big leagues: keep your head up no matter what happens," said Reyes. "I learned that from Jeter and I appreciate that. I learned through my career, my first couple of years, if I didnt do too good with the bat Id take it to the field and make a lot of mistakes. But I say, just dont worry about it. Just have fun and enjoy the game because you have talent. Dont try to go too crazy because you know youre going to play everyday, youre going to have the opportunity there for you so just dont worry about it, have fun and do your job." With young players like Kevin Pillar and Ryan Goins getting their first tastes of major league action, Reyes considers it his responsibility to maintain a professional approach despite the lost season. "Its important because when I first came up to the big leagues I didnt know what it took just to belong here," said Reyes. "For me now that I have a couple of years in the big leagues its going to be important to talk to them. The second baseman, our new guy, he sits beside me in the dugout asking me questions about the pitching and stuff like that. Im going to be open to teaching the young guys. Through my career Ive been like that. When I played in New York and Miami too there were a lot of young guys. Ive always been open to helping them out." JENKINS GLAD TO BE BACK Chad Jenkins was back on a big league mound Saturday night, thankful for another opportunity he wasnt sure would come this season. "I was somehow getting Red Sox hitters out and then I turned the page and I dont think I could get my grandmother out," said Jenkins. "I kept thinking in my head what do I throw, what am I doing wrong? I tried to start to mechanically fix things and that was leading to 55 pitch sides. I never felt right, something was always bothering me in my shoulder and I guess the good lord was good enough to let me pull something else so I could sit down, take it easy and start over." Its been a weird season for Jenkins. A lat injury hampered him through spring training. By May he was in the big leagues and gave the Blue Jays three five-inning starts that month. His lone decision was a win in Boston on May 12. On May 31, he started what would become the longest game in Blue Jays history, a 4-3, 18-inning loss in San Diego. After the game, Jenkins was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo. The Jays needed fresh bullpen arms after a marathon game and Jenkins left with the understanding he would be recalled 10 days later. The recall didnt happen and Jenkins struggled with the Bisons. In five Triple-A appearances this season, Jenkins has a 7.48 ERA. "It was tough to swallow for me but at the end of the day it was a decision that was made for the team and I had to live with it and thats perfectly fine," he said. "I should have pitched better in Triple-A and I didnt. I have no one to blame but myself." Struggling with confidence to the point he had fallen out of love with the game, Jenkins got hurt. He couldnt get his right shoulder loose. It turned out to be the best thing to happen to him. He got healthy, pitched as far down the chain as the Gulf Coast League, and worked his way back – physically and mentally. "The second time with the rehab it kind of gave me my fire back for baseball," said Jenkins. "My arm finally got back to the way it was when I was fully healthy, how I felt last year at the end of the year and kind of just made me want to play again. "When my arm finally came back underneath me I kind of said, I want to play again, I want to pitch. I want to see if I can get people out." China Shoes To USA . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27. China Shoes Store . Bryant underwent an operation in December to correct an irregular heartbeat. His season ended with four games left because of a rapid heartbeat, a condition he has known about for several years and had been treated for in the past. https://www.chinashoes.us/ . -- Michael Bennett gambled last off-season that playing on a one-year deal in Seattle would pay off in the future with the long-term contract he always wanted. Jordan From China .com) - Demario Richard posted four touchdowns and Kweishi Brown came up with a key late interception as No. Fake China Shoes . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing.TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie unveils his annual pre-season draft ranking in a 30-minute special airing tonight on TSN4, TSN5 and TSN GO at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. Host James Duthie is in the TSN studio with McKenzie as they count down the list of the Top 15 draft prospects. McKenzie offers his first look at where the top prospects in hockey rank in the run-up to the 2015 NHL Draft. Joining McKenzie and Duthie will be TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button, who adds his in-depth analysis of the best undrafted young players in the game. The show also includes in-depth features profiling two of the top prospects for next June - Erie Otters centre Connor McDavidd and Jack Eichel of Boston University.dddddddddddd No doubt - the 2015 NHL draft has superstar quality and I believe both Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel are generational players, Button said earlier this summer. TSNs Digital Platforms a€“ including TSN.ca - continue to deliver comprehensive coverage of prospects leading up to the NHL Draft, with exclusive features and interviews. Additional highlights include McKenzies Top 15 prospects list with additional insight and analysis, Craig Buttons written analysis of each of the 15 prospects, complete player bios and stats and Craigs List - Buttons ranking of prospects updated throughout the season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: soikeobdcbdaclub
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 497 Themen und 501 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen