Willkommen im Forum der Fantastischen Welt der Fabelwesen.

New England had a busy Friday night

in Schutztiere 09.01.2020 07:09
von liny195 • 18 Beiträge

."Entering the day with five scheduled selections Womens LaAdrian Waddle Jersey , Friday’s second and third draft rounds turned into a busy affair for the New England Patriots. The reigning world champions picked four players and made three trades, and when all was said and done had added the following men to their roster:Let’s take a closer look at how the second day of the draft went for New England:Patriots draft CB Joejuan Williams: 2-45After an early run on defensive backs to start the second round, the Patriots decided to invest two draft picks — the 56th and the 101st selection — in order to move up the board. New England then invested in Vanderbilt’s Joejuan Williams at 45, securing a tall and physical press-cornerback capable of defending the boundary and helping against bigger targets in the passing game. One thing is certain: his acquisition adds further intrigue to an already deep defensive backfield.Patriots trade 2-64 to the Seahawks for 3-77 and 4-118After trading up to get Williams with the 45th overall selection, the Patriots decided to trade down from their 64th pick — despite plenty of players to address potential needs still being on the board. New England, however, felt that a trade presented the better value and received two selections from the Seahawks. Seattle, meanwhile, invested pick number 64 in wide receiver D.K. Metcalf.Patriots trade 3-73 and 6-205 to the Bears for 3-87, 5-172 and a 2020 4th round pickNine picks after trading down for the first time, the Patriots again opted to move down the board when they sent the 73rd overall selection and a sixth-round compensatory pick to the Chicago Bears. In return, New England received three draft choices: a third-round and a fifth-round pick this year as well as a fourth-rounder in 2020. Chicago invested the highest of the selections involved in running back David Montgomery.Patriots draft DE Chase Winovich: 3-77New England drafted its third player with one of the two picks originally acquired through the trade-down with the Seahawks: at 77 overall http://www.patriotslockerroom.com/authentic-malcolm-mitchell-jersey , the Patriots brought Michigan’s Chase Winovich on board. An outstanding athlete that had tremendous production in college, the 24-year-old will get a chance to carve out a role on his new team’s defensive edge rotation. Playing alongside Michael Bennett, Deatrich Wise Jr. and John Simon, Winovich gives the Patriots depth and a young developmental option.Patriots draft RB Damien Harris: 3-87After adding to what is already the deepest position on defense — cornerback — in round two, New England picked a player for the deepest position on offense in round three: Alabama’s Damien Harris was made the 87th overall pick of the draft and will join a talented running back corps led by Sony Michel, James White and Rex Burkhead. Given his nature as a versatile downhill runner, Harris will likely join the rotation as the 1B option alongside Michel on early downs and short-yardage situations.Patriots trade 3-97 and 5-162 to the Rams for 3-101 and 4-133New England was not done trading, and also opted to move out of the 97th spot. The club sent the pick, which later turned into offensive tackle Bobby Evans, to the Los Angeles Rams alongside the previously acquired 162nd selection. In return, the Patriots received the 101st overall pick and a fourth-rounder. All in all, a good move for the club.Patriots draft Yodny Cajuste: 3-101With the second-to-last pick of the day Dwayne Allen Jersey , the Patriots again drafted a player: West Virginia offensive tackle Yodny Cajuste. Addressing a major need, Cajuste will serve as the third tackle alongside presumed starters Isaiah Wynn and Marcus Cannon. A developmental option, he could fill the backup swing tackle role previously held by LaAdrian Waddle — and maybe even take over for Cannon one day. Rob Gronkowski looks like he has lost weight because he has lost weight. While the former Patriots tight end said Wednesday he has not lost as much as it appears, Gronkowski’s new physique is the best indication he is serious about retirement.In a picture from an appearance at a Showtime event for Julian Edelman‘s new documentary, Gronkowski looked much lighter than his listed playing weight of 268 last season. “I’m actually down to 250 right now,” Gronkowski said on the Rich Eisen Show on Wednesday, via NFL.com. “It must’ve been the angle or the shirt that was on me. I ain’t that skinny that the picture going around [shows]. I have definitely lost some weight. I’ve been 260 since I was 18 years old, from 260 to like 270. I just always wanted to see what it feels like to get down, to feel light, to feel loose.” Since announcing his retirement in March, Gronkowski said he has relaxed, traveled Womens Vincent Valentine Jersey , visited family and enjoyed life. He has not missed football yet, but it’s not football season yet.Gronkowski acknowledges he doesn’t expect retirement to hit him until September.“There’s definitely going to be times when you miss it and everything,” Gronkowski said. “I would always say that it’s still the offseason right now. I mean I can’t really say how I’m going to feel about it when the games start rolling around and everything. You know, I just felt like it was time. I feel really good right and it was just definitely something I felt like it was the right time and the right thing to do. To have that load off your back, I mean I’ve been playing football for 15 years straight in a row of that grind. Just relaxing right now feels good.” Patriots quarterback Tom Brady already has campaigned for Gronkowski’s return at some point during the season. Gronkowski doesn’t plan on that happening.“Thank you; I love you; I miss you,” Gronkowski said, laughing. “But I’m just relaxing, Tommy. . . .Call me when you get to the playoffs.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: soikeobdcbdaclub
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 497 Themen und 501 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen