Willkommen im Forum der Fantastischen Welt der Fabelwesen.

referees do not look deep into a players mouth

in Sicheres Element 22.11.2019 06:59
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

LONDON -- Eden Hazard scored in the 28th minute Thursday to give Chelsea a 1-0 win over Swansea to remain two points off the Premier League lead. Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. Samuel Etoo should have added a second goal just 15 seconds into the second half when Juan Matas cross found the striker in front of goal, but fired his effort too close to goalkeeper goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel. Despite late possession, the visitors failed to mount a serious comeback as Chelsea earned its eighth home win in nine league games this season. "As time goes on and you dont score the second goal, you feel as if you are going to concede but the boys worked hard and were in control defensively," Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said. After a quiet start, the home side found its rhythm and should have broken the deadlock after 15 minutes when A perfectly weighted pass from Etoo found Hazard, but the midfielder dragged his shot wide. Juan Mata then found himself with the ball on the edge of the box but his cutback to John Terry was wasted, as the Chelsea captain failed to connect properly and the ball sailed harmlessly wide of Swanseas right-hand post. Hazard eventually broke the deadlock after he picked up the ball midway through the opponents half, and despite being closely marshalled by Swansea defender Jordi Amat, found that extra yard of space to unleash a powerful shot which managed to squeeze past the Swansea keeper. With Chelsea looking for a second, Swansea looked dangerous on the counterattack, and the visitors best chance fell to striker Alvaro Vazquez in the 33rd. Jonjo Shelvey flicked his header across the box and Vazques connected perfectly but his side-footed volley was expertly tipped over the bar by Petr Cech in the Chelsea goal. After his miss at the start of the second half, Etoo had a chance make amends after receiving a cross from Hazard, but his shot dragged past Tremmels right-hand post. Despite sustained possession in the final 10 minutes of the game, the visitors failed to create any clear-cut chances as Mourinho extended his unbeaten record in the league at Stamford Bridge to 69 games. "We started OK, and the fact that we were in the game until the last second is positive," Swansea manager Michael Laudrup said. "We have to bring that positive thing into the next game against Aston Villa." Air Max 97 Off White Pas Cher Femme . Many of those eyes are in the United States of America, a country that the sport has wanted on its side for some time. On Sunday the football Gods delivered once again, only this time it was time for good old USA to experience as much heartache as joy. Nike Tn Pas Cher Site Fiable . “The shootout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shootout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee. http://www.outletairmaxpascher.fr/fausse-air-max-tn.html . An in-person hearing allows for Garbutt to be suspended for five games or longer as per the leagues Collective Bargaining Agreement. Garbutt delivered a high hit to Penner in the second period of Sundays game. Fausse Air Max 90 Femme Pas Cher . Speaking on TSN Radio 1050s TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on Monday, Colangelo said he had no intention of tanking the shortened 2011-12 season, but definitely wanted a high pick in the draft. "I wish that word wasnt used for headline reasons," said Colangelo, "but the story behind it was: how can we fix the system? How can we tweak the system to make it less likely that teams are rewarded for losing records? "I do believe that if youre as transparent as we were at the time - with our season seat holders, our fans, the market place and the media - everybody knew what the plan was and what we were going through. Air Max 97 Off White Blanche Pas Cher . -- Canada played to expectation up until halftime.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Always enjoyed watching games you officiated, and also really enjoy your columns and interpretation of the game. I have a question regarding Sundays game - Colorado at Winnipeg. Zach Bogosian high-sticked Matt Duchene late in the first period. Duchene was immediately assessed by the ref and Bogosian was given a double minor for high-sticking, so obviously drew blood. That call was perfectly fine in my opinion, and the proper call. What I question is that Duchene was allowed to remain on the ice for the power play and Colorado scored almost immediately on this man advantage. If a player is in fact bleeding/injured as a result of the penalty, how can he be allowed to stay on the ice? Is there not a rule against this, or is there other reasons that Bogosian gets four other than drawing blood? Thanks for your time, and looking forward to your response. Gary Smart Miami, Manitoba -- Gary: Thank you for the kudos and being a regular follower of Cmon Ref. When a high-sticking infraction has been committed, the referee must determine if the presence of an injury exists before he assesses a double-minor penalty. Blood from a cut provides the most obvious evidence of injury. The quantity of blood needed to determine whether an injury has been suffered is not spelled out in Rule 60.3; simply stated that the referee shall assess a double-minor penalty for all contact that causes an injury, whether accidental or careless, in the opinion of the referee. Typically, referees do not look deep into a players mouth to find the presence of blood but broken teeth or chicklets being spit out are clear evidence of injury. Matt Duchene took a pretty solid whack in the mouth when Zach Bogosian accidentally clipped him with the raised shaft of his stick. Referee Tom Kowal obviously saw the presence of blood on the lower lip of Duchene and determined that a double-minor was warranted. What the replay doesnt show is if Duchene went to his bench to receive some quick medical attention or at the very least to wipe away the evidence of blood before assuming his position at right wing on the end zone face-off. To answer your question, the NHL does have a blood rule (88.dddddddddddd3): A player who is bleeding or who has visible blood on his equipment or body shall be ruled off the ice at the next stoppage of play. Such player shall not be permitted to return to play until the bleeding has been stopped and the cut or abrasion covered (if necessary). It is required that any affected equipment and/or uniform be properly decontaminated or exchanged. I would suggest that Matt Duchene likely suffered an abrasion. I would have insisted that Duchene have any evidence of blood removed from his mouth prior to participating on the power-play; which referee Kowal might very likely have done. Duchene would therefore be eligible to take his position without any delay caused by medical treatment at his players bench. Play was stopped due to Winnipeg gaining puck possession on the delayed penalty call to Bogosian and not due to an injury suffered by Duchene. Had Duchene lain on the ice and play was stopped as a result of an apparent injury, he would have to be substituted for and could not remain on the ice until play had resumed (Rule 8.3). At that point he could re-enter the game on the fly through a legal line change or at the next stoppage. Each referee will exercise his opinion or judgment, if you will, as to the legitimacy of any suspected injury. I have had players appeal for a double-minor to be assessed when all they had was a slightly swollen lip or a minor abrasion. I didnt bite on a lack of evidence such as this and have told some players I suffered a worse cut shaving than the one they were attempting to sell me. Speaking of biting, I shared a story on Twitter the other night from a game I worked in the old Spectrum in Philadelphia when Murray Craven was attacking the net with a defender giving chase. I saw Murray chomp down on his lip at least three times after the defenders stick slapped him on the pants. When play stopped, Craven had a little trickle of blood on his lip along with evidence of teeth marks. Needless to say Muzz didnt draw the call; only his own blood. When I told him that I saw him inflicting his own wounds his response to me was, You cant blame a guy for trying. It doesnt take a medical degree to determine the presence of injury before assessing a double-minor penalty; just some common sense and on occasion a little investigative work. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: soikeobdcbdaclub
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 497 Themen und 501 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen